Edward H. Miller was a librarian at Bulawayo, Zimbabwe, for some years around the beginning of the twentieth century. He became a member of the Rhodesia Scientific Association in 1899 and was the first honorary curator of its museum collection for about two years, until this responsibility was taken over by F.P. Mennell* in November 1901. Miller then served as honorary treasurer of the association from 1902, and in addition as honorary secretary from 1904. In August 1900 he exhibited recently acquired Coleoptera and Lepidoptera at a meeting of the association, probably not collected by himself, but presented by F. Eyles* and Guy A.K. Marshall*.
By 1906 Miller was a member of the South African Association for the Advancement of Science. He left Zimbabwe (presumably for Britain) during the first half of that year and shortly thereafter, in June 1906, was elected a life member of the Rhodesia Scientific Association. In 1907 he contributed a paper on "Rhodesia and its resources" to the Proceedings of the Royal Colonial Institute, providing a brief review of the economic resources of the territory. He followed this up years later with "Mineral resources of Northern Rhodesia" (Bulletin of the Imperial Colonial Institute, 1922).