"Miss Lilly Leppan" of Tea Fountain (a farm some 25 km west-north-west of Grahamstown) presented a steady stream of various specimens to the Albany Museum, Grahamstown, during 1891. In 1900 Miss L. Leppan of Tea Fountain, presumably the same person, donated some arachnids, molluscs, and a reptile. Also, "Fraulein L. Leppan" at some time gave specimens of non-marine molluscs to a Dr Panther [not identified] and was commemorated in the name of the species Gulella leppani (since renamed). She was presumably Miss Lilian Lavinia Leppan, aged 18 in 1891, daughter of Charles James Leppan and his wife Margaret Webb. A younger sister of her father, Letitia H. ("Letty") Leppan also presented some specimens to the Albany Museum.