Kenneth Lancaster Graham, metallurgist, was the son of Alexander Gorden Graham and his wife Elsie Catharine, born Miller. For many years he worked at the Geldenhuis Deep, Ltd., in Cleveland, Johannesburg, and became its first reduction officer after its amalgamation with the Jumpers Deep and Geldenhuis Estate. In 1911 he was appointed assistant consulting metallurgist to the Rand Mines Group and in 1915 succeeded F.L. Bosqui as chief consulting metallurgist. In his later years he supervised the extensive experimental work on the extractio of platinum from Transvaal ores. He was one of the five authors of a paper on "Bestimmung von Platinmetallen in Erzen und Konzentraten" in the Fresenius Journal of Analytical Chemistry (1930).
Graham became a member of the Chemical and Metallurgical Society of South Africa in 1895 and continued as a member when it was revived as the Chemical, Metallurgical and Mining Society of South Africa in 1902, after the Anglo-Boer War (1899-1902). He served on the society's council from 1906 to at least 1914, and as joint vice-president for 1912/13. He contributed two papers to the society's Journal, "Notes on some recent improvements in tube mill practice" (1906/7, Vol. 7, p. 317), and a note on "Covers for extractor boxes" (1909, Vol. 9, p. 325). By 1906 he was a member also of the South African Association for the Advancement of Science. He was survived by his wife, Mary Augusta Graham, born Pearson, and one son.